当前位置: 首页> 常识>

放松的英文怎么说(「放松」不要只会说relax啦!)

时间:2024-12-08 09:47:53

看美剧学英语

绯闻女孩

《绯闻女孩》(Gossip Girl)是由Cecily von Ziegesar所写的系列小说改编的美国青春偶像剧,该剧所讲述的是曼哈顿的上流社会阶层,展示富家子弟的生活。而其中的Gossip Girl是曼哈顿上东区最神秘的人物,她是了解上流贵族巨细无遗的生活的唯一来源,且拥有一众随时随地为她提供八卦的公子哥千金女。


freshen up 梳洗打扮,补妆

I'll just go and freshen up before supper.

晚饭前我要去梳洗打扮一番。


After Martine had freshened up, they went for a long walk.

马蒂娜梳洗完毕后,他们出去散了一个长步。


还可以表示“使洁净,使亮丽,使清新”。


A thorough brushing helps to freshen up your mouth.

彻底刷牙有助于口气清新


My room needed a lick of paint to freshen it up.

我的房间只要刷一点油漆就能焕然一新



loosen up 放松

Relax, smile; loosen up in mind and body and behaviour.

放松,微笑。精神、身体和行为上都要放轻松


Young people often loosen up on the dance floor.

年轻人常在舞池中放松自己


再补充几个关于“放松”的地道表达:


unwind 放松


Music helps me unwind after a busy day.

音乐使我在忙碌一天后得以放松


wind down 放松,松弛


I regularly have a drink to wind down.

我经常喝点酒放松一下


let/blow off steam 发泄怒火,宣泄情感


Regular exercise helps to combat unwanted stress and is a good way of relaxing or letting off steam.

经常运动有助于摆脱多余的压力,也是放松或宣泄情感的好办法。


decompress 减压


And I needed a place you know that I could call home where I can kind of decompress and feel relaxed.

我需要一个可以称之为家的地方,在那里我可以减压,感觉很放松。


de-stress 放松,舒缓压力,减少压力


I make sure I make time for fishing because it's how I de-stress.

我一定会腾出时间去钓鱼,因为这是我减压放松的方法。


let one's hair down 玩乐放松


The party gave us all a chance to really let our hair down.

聚会给了我们一个痛快玩乐的机会。


学了这么多好用的表达,下次就不要只会说relax啦!



overstay/outstay one's welcome

因为做客时间太久而不受欢迎,让别人感到困扰


After the kindness that had been shown to him, he didn't want to outstay his welcome.

在受到热情款待后,他决定离开以免过多打搅主人


I hope you'll let me know when I've overstayed my welcome.

如果你们觉得我待的太久了,我希望你们能直接告诉我。



put a damper on sth 使扫兴,抑制

The cold weather put a damper on our plans.

寒冷的天气给我们的计划泼了冷水


A couple of knee injuries put a damper on his football career.

几次膝伤阻碍了他的足球生涯。


“扫兴”还可以这样表达:


a wet blanket 泼冷水的人,扫兴的人


We say they throw a wet blanket on a situation.

我们说他们在某种情境下给人泼冷水


Similarly, we can say someone is a wet blanket if they make a situation less enjoyable.

同样地,如果某人让情境变得不那么愉快,我们可以说这个人是个令人扫兴的人


have a say in sth 有发言权,有决定权


We had no say in the decision to sell the company.

在决定出售公司的问题上,我们没有发言权


People want a greater say in local government.

人们要求在当地的政务中有更大的发言权


have one's say 有机会充分发表意见


She won't be happy until she's had her say.

她要把话都说出来才舒畅。


Parents can have their say in the decision-making process.

家长在决策过程中可以发表自己的意见



get a move on 快点,赶紧


Come on, you two, get a move on!

走吧,你们两个,快点


We need to get a move on if we're going to catch that train.

如果要赶上那班火车,我们就必须快点